Wednesday 27 May 2009

Aaaand breathe

The past few days have been pretty mental, lots of catching up with people before the end of term and we all go our separate ways. I’ve barely had time to pick up a needle, let alone construct an actual garment!

I have so much to sew and so little time! Graduation is looming and neither of my dresses (one for the ceremony and one for the ball) are even close finished, and I have several birthday sewing projects to get done as well. I really need to get cracking!! I managed to do a bit of pattern work today but that's about it!

I did pick up some pretty things on my trip to Woking yesterday though. The shoes are Clarks and sooper comfy (and in the sale) and the dress was a TK Maxx bargain (that shop is just like a great big jumble sale!).




I also managed to snag a very decorative jacket from a charity shop, but that needs new buttons before it can be worn. I don’t know if it’s the novelty of them (as I’ve never visited them before), but Woking’s charity shops seemed to have a bit more about them. I found tons of absolutely gorgeous crockery (if only I had a kitchen to put them in) and they just generally seemed less picked over. I’d like to go back again, but I don’t know if I’ll get the chance before I leave!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment, I'd be delighted to hear from you!